- We said goodbye to our darling Maggie dog and our first flock of chickens
- We hatched our first ever chicks and got our first eggs from them
- I lost my job 1/1/09 due to layoff, and nearly at year-end, got a new one
- We showed our calves at two fairs and won our first ribbons
- We had a knockout vegetable garden and experienced canning for the first time
- We made a bunch of new friends through our cattle assocation and our Grange membership
Paul and I were independently doing our own things as single people in the first half of the 2000s, but the latter half saw us meet, date, marry, remodel a house and sell it, buy our home in the country and move, obtain our first flock of chickens and our first cattle, and welcome our first two calves into the world. Wow!
Tonight I am filled with awe for what has been (the good and the bad), and with hope for the coming year.
To you and yours, all of us at Skookumchuck Farm (two- and four-legged) wish you a safe, joyous, prosperous and Happy New Year!