Sunday, November 20, 2011

New day

I awoke with a start at 6:48 a.m. today (yes, gratefully, sleeping in!). My first thought was, "I really hope Eiger is still on our property." I walked to the living room, and just before I flung open the heavy curtains, which were pulled tight against the below freezing temperatures last night, I took a breath and whispered, "Please, let there be three out there!"

I giggled when my eyes adjusted to the dim. This is what I saw*:


Eiger and Sheila under the apple trees, side by side (on the left).

Roxanne, off by herself in the back corner of the pasture (on the right).

It looks like two somebodies struck a truce!


*Sorry for the slightly blurred photo. My camera doesn't take very good zoomed pictures in dim conditions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you have to say. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails