Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sinatra

If a rooster crows in the morning and no one is home to hear it, does he make a sound?


This was the question I posed to my hubby the other night after realizing neither of us would know for sure whether Brewster is crowing. We're both out the door during the week before sun up, so were having to wait until Saturday morning to know for sure whether Brewster has his voice.

But...ta da! I headed out to the garage this morning in my sock feet to retrieve the box of yogurt from my egg fridge, and just as I flipped on the light, I heard it...a rooster's crow that sounded a lot closer than the guy I normally hear from several properties away! I paused, hand on light switch, waiting for a repeat...and got silence. I paused again on my way back in the house...still nothing.


It occurred to me he could probably see me standing there in the light, for when I last saw him last night, he was up on the top of the roosting ladder, right in front of the coop window. That little bugger...he is so elusive!


I'll have to wait for Saturday morning to know for sure...but I think I already know my answer: this boy can sing like Sinatra!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you have to say. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails